Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Magnolia Market

Waco, Texas



A few weeks ago my mom & I went to Dallas for work. We decided to extend the trip a few days to visit some family in Austin and the Silos in Waco. Let me just tell you how amazing it was. 

We woke up Monday morning and left the hotel in Waco at 9 am. We had to be back in Dallas by 5 for our flight home, so we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time at the Market. I was a little overwhelmed when we first walked in because there were so many people. I didn't know where to begin, but there were workers everywhere to answer questions and help make our experience awesome. 


The Market is set up in a square shape with a grassy area for kids to play and picnic tables in the middle. One entire side of the grass is lined with food trucks. We started our day with a large iced coffee from the Common Grounds food truck (it was so hot in Texas). Once we had some caffeine, we started our shopping.  Everything in the shop was set up and decorated to give the buyer ideas on how to use it in their home, which was my favorite part. I knew I could order anything in the store online, but I was taking pictures of things I loved all day so I could remember how she brought all of the different pieces together. We bought a few things but couldn't get much because of our flight home. I wish they had given me an order form when I walked in listing all the products you would see throughout the store. That way, you could check what you wanted to order, and they could ship it to you (Big Dreams).

We took a break from shopping and ate lunch on the lawn. We tried the Cheddar Box food truck... it was amazing! After we ate we went to the garden shop. I have never had the desire to garden until now. I want to plant everything imaginable at our new house. They had the cutest little starter kits as well as other gardening essentials. 



The bakery wasn't open yet, but we got to see part of what it will look like. It is supposed to open later this year and I am sure it will be just as awesome as the rest of the Market.


I didn't want to leave once we were done shopping because we were having so much fun. We decided to go over to Harp Design Co. which is Clint's shop. Clint does all of Joanna's special wood projects on Fixer Upper. Clint's shop was much smaller but still super cool. I actually bought some stuff for our new home and a wooden A to use at our wedding. They shipped everything for me. Clint and his wife got themselves a fixer upper in season 1 right next to his shop. We looked at their house from the street and remembered how incredible their renovation was. The house was even more beautiful in person. 


I would 100% recommend a road trip to Waco. I want to go back with a U-Haul and get almost everything in the store. It was such a fun experience, and we love everything about the show. 



xoxo elise  









1 comment: